Sunday, July 14, 2013

Am I Scared?

Some days I'm certain I must be insane...

On days when the laundry is piled sky high, dishes are overflowing in the sink, crumbs of various food particles cover my formerly clean floors, one child is screaming for a snack while the other is splashing happily in the non-flushed toilet ( I am sure you can guess which child is which).... the bathrooms are covered in spilled shampoo and loitered with wet clothes, the healthy lunch I was attempting to cook is now burning and boiling over on the stove and we have to resort to cold pop tarts instead.... it's 3 in the afternoon and I am still wearing my pajamas and have not yet had two seconds to shower....

Yes, I feel it is definite...

We are absolutely totally and completely insane for adding TWO more to this already chaotic family. There is no part of me that feels it will be remotely easy once the boys come home...we are already stretched thin in every aspect. My hair shall surely grey years before it is suppose to....

But guess what?!

It's also TOTALLY and completely worth it. The headaches, frustration, and sleepless nights WILL be worth it...

How do I know??

Because I know God keeps his promises. While trials and hardships are certain...love and abounding hope is too.

But, I know that our boys will teach us more than we could ever dream possible.

How could they not?

We have already learned so much from them; and they aren't even home yet!

So, am I scared about what is to come?

Sure, sometimes....

But I am also so very ready to love two more precious people, to call them my sons, to treasure EVERY moment with them...the good, the bad and the ugly...

I'll take it ALL!

Because they ARE worthy....

No comments:

Post a Comment